ERIC ROSALY TORRES, CPA
Firm responsibilities include:
- Responsibilities within the firm include, participate in the planning of the audit; approve planned scope of the audit; review and discuss the progress of the audit and any significant issues relating to it with the manager; participate in discussions with the client concerning any significant issues relating to accounting, auditing, financial statements, notes and the auditors’ report.
- Participate in meetings with the clients to discuss significant matters related to accounting, audits, financial statements and notes.
- Participate in meetings with the audit committee and, upon request of the client, attend annual meetings of stockholders.
Forty years of public accounting experience in all phases of audit engagements in many industries with emphasis in:
- Nonprofit organization
- HUD audit
- Credit Unions
- Professional services
- Pension Plans
- Insurance Brokers
- Puerto Rico Institute of CPAs – Past Secretary, and Past President of the Ponce Chapter.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Private Industry Council of the Municipality of Ponce, Puerto Rico- Past president.
- Chamber of Commerce of South Region of Puerto Rico- Past President.
- Work Investment Board of Ponce- Past President.
- Ponce Economic Development Committee- Past president.
- Free Trade Zone of Ponce- Founder
- Small Business Institute of Puerto Rico- Past President
- Catholic University of Puerto Rico- Bachelor in Business Administration, Major in Accounting and Finance
- Northwestern University, Chicago- Advance audit courses
- University of Alabama- Advance courses in cost and governmental accounting